Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- Why does an item appear on multiple levels of my results?
ANSWER: It's not uncommon for this type of testing to register on multiple levels. Your focus should be the items in red as these noted the highest level of intolerances.
- Why are there items listed on my results that I’ve never eaten, drank or consumed in any way?
ANSWER: While you may not think that you've ever eaten a particular food it's possible that the protein found in that food item was used during the processing of another food item that you did eat.
- How does an item listed as an intolerance also be listed as a deficiency?
ANSWER: Our body can have an intolerance to something that its deficient in. Just because you need it doesn’t mean you have to tolerate it.
- My order is completed, but I didn't receive anything.
ANSWER: We do not send out testing kits. If you do not receive your form please email or call our testing facility.
info@modernallergymanagement / 850 741-9242 8AM – 4:30 CST.
- How will I know if, and when you have received my hair sample and information form?
ANSWER: We send emails weekly to all clients for orders that have been received and scanned at our testing facility. Please consider that location, especially mail coming from Canada and weather can play a role in the time frame of us receiving your order.
- What is the difference between a food sensitivity, allergy or intolerance?
ANSWER: The main difference between an intolerance and an allergy is that an allergy will manifest itself almost immediately. Food intolerances, on the other hand, are not as easily detected. Depending on the individual, symptoms may arrive anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days after consumption or contact. The symptoms of an intolerance can manifest in various ways.
- Do food items need to be in your system to detect an intolerance?
ANSWER: No. Even if you have never consumed a particular item, it may still show up on your report.
- Will hair coloring/dyes or chemical hair treatments affect the results?
ANSWER: No. Hair stores information within it and is not affected by outside contaminants.